Budget Impact of Rising Natural Gas Expenses
The Ontario Energy Board approved dramatically higher rates for Enbridge Gas that were effective July 1st.
Compared to this time last year:
- Commodity costs have more than doubled – from 11¢ to 27¢ per cubic meter.
- Delivery charges have increased 30%.
- Carbon Taxes have increased by 25%.
The above increases are further compounded when you consider the impact of the HST.
Customers that are on fixed-rate or price-pool agreements are impacted much less by the above increases.
Crossbridge is supporting their clients by:
- Increasing the Safety Margin from the traditionally conservative 5% to 9% to account for potential further increases in November.
- Having our energy manager provide a one-pager to our property managers containing:
- What systems can be targeted to reduce natural gas in your building.
- Data from our benchmarking exercise to provide a quick and no cost indicator on how efficient your building is.
- A summary of things that can be done to lower natural gas consumption.